NORTHRIDGE, CA – A number of Nature Made vitamins are being recalled due to possible salmonella contamination.
The recalled products were distributed nationwide to various major retailers.
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi vitamins: 1196071, 1196066 and 1205052
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi + Omega-3: 1173600
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi for Her plus Omega-3s: 1196048 and 1196050
- Nature Made Super B Complex w/C Folic Acid Tablets: 1204735, 1173146, 1173779, 1204001 and 1170987
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Hair, Skin, Nails: 1198437, 1198438
- Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets: 1147550, 1174782, 1176755, 1140172, 1175637, 1176756, 1147978, 1147557
The lot number can be found on the back panel next to the expiration date.
Products that fall within the lots indicated should not be consumed. Consumers are encouraged to return the affected products to their retailer for a full refund.
In a statement on their parent company’s website, Pharmavite said, “The recall was initiated after it was discovered that Salmonella and/or Staphylococcus aureus testing were not completed properly on these specific batch lots. Pharmavite has identified the cause of the error, is taking the matter very seriously and has implemented corrective actions to rectify the issue.”